Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Linking knowledge base Oauth2 not working

Edited

I have a service project used as a template and I want to automate the process of linking knowledge base for new project clones - this page can be accessed via project root -> settings -> knowledge base -> link space button. (see screenshot).1663629809_.png

I can view the network traffic when I perform this and get the following curl:

curl --location --request POST '{jira_instance_host}/rest/servicedesk/1/servicedesk/{PROJECT KEY}/kb/{Id to link to}/space' \

--header 'User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:105.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/105.0' \

--header 'Accept: application/json,text/javascript,*/*' \

--header 'Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.5' \

--header 'Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, br' \

--header 'Referer: https://{jira_instance_host}/jira/servicedesk/projects/CALLUMEX/settings/confluence-kb' \

--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \

--header 'Origin: {jira_instance_host}' \

--header 'Connection: keep-alive' \

--header 'Cookie: ajs_anonymous_id=some token; AWSALB=some token; AWSALBCORS=some token; cloud.session.token=some token; atlassian.xsrf.token=some token; JSESSIONID=some token; atlassian.xsrf.token=some token' \

--header 'Sec-Fetch-Dest: empty' \

--header 'Sec-Fetch-Mode: cors' \

--header 'Sec-Fetch-Site: same-origin' \

--header 'TE: trailers' \

--data-raw '["ECT"]'

If I use basic auth with an api token as the password and removing the cookie in the header - it returns

{

"errors": [

{

"errorMessage": "We're having trouble communicating with Confluence. Wait a minute, then try again."

}

],

"reasonKey": "sd.applinks.error.generic.confluence.communication",

"reasonCode": "500"
}

I presume in the future this call will work using basic token auth, like many other calls do but in the meantime, I would like a way to generate those cookies in the Cookie header - it wouldn't bother me if it was 5 or so calls as it is intended to be put in a postman collection anyway.

I have had a look at the login process and can't quite work out where some of the cookies come from, namely ajs_anonymous_id, cloud.session.token, JSESSIONID

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events