Linking Issues Reporting

Dawn Thompson January 9, 2020

I am trying to build a report that shows linked issues, but also the linked reason.  So far I have not been able to do that, is this a possibility?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2020

Hello Dawn,

Welcome to Atlassian Community.

I understand that you would like to have a list of all linked issues in your site together with the linked reason. Could you please confirm if the "linked reason" you are talking about would be the link type (Blocked by, Blocks, Related to, etc)?

If that's correct, I believe the best way to achieve what you are looking for would be by creating a JQL query for each link type, saving it as a filter. These would be the detailed steps:

1 - Navigate to your issue navigator > Use the parameter issueLinkType to define the link type (select a single type for now):

issueLinkType = "is blocked by"

2 - Save it as a filter

3 - Repeat the process to each link type you have

4 - Name the filter with the related link type

5 - Optionally, you can use the dashboard gadget Filter results if you want all the filters to be displayed in the same page

Performing the steps above, each filter you created will display the issues linked with a specific link type (reason). 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer