Linking Epics to tasks/issues etc. brings up Epics from other projects. I dont want this. How to fix

GameDev March 4, 2021

Hi

If you see the screenshot a project with Atlassian Universities Jira Essentials course was made (named Atlassian University and given the code AU by Jira). Now in fleshing out tasks and sub tasks for teams when i click on Epic Link to connect an issue to an EPIC, the drop down brings up Epics from the real project on another board. I do not want this as it inflates the projects uneccessarily and also means i cannot experiment with this new project for fear of giant "tutorial epics" appearing on the main.

How can i make it so epics/tasks/issues stay on the project they are in and not shared across projects please? If you look at the example below the epic in red is from the real team project board and it has invaded the Atlassian University practise board i made.

Thank You for your help.Dont want to share epics - Atlassian Support.png

1 answer

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2021

Hi @GameDev ,

I am afraid that this is not possible. Here is the corresponding ticket related to that

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-12016

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events