Linked issues with restrictions

Mateo Prado June 7, 2012

Is there a way to block an issue that is linked to another one until the original issue is fixed?

Thanks,

Mateo Prado

3 answers

1 vote
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2012

Hi Mateo,

You can do it easily using modules "Condition on linked issues" or "Validator on linked issues" from plugin JIRA Workflow Toolbox. I show you an example:

Let's suppose you want to block a certain transition when current issue is linked to another issue by an "is blocked by" issue link and linked issue is any status different from "Resolved" and "Closed". If you were going to use "Validator on linked issues" from JIRA Workflow Toolbox plugin you would use the following configuration (I use three screenshots to show the configuration screen and 1 to show the validator once configured):

CONFIGURATION SCREENS (3 screenshots):

TRANSITION ONCE CONFIGURED:

Regards,

Fidel Castro Armario

0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2012
The maximum i can imagine under OnDemand would be some Javascript added to the announcememt banner which scans the DOM tree for linked issues, checks their resolution using REST Api and if there is any unresolved issue just hides the DIV element containing the workflow transitions

but would never would dare to post this as a serious answer since it can easily be bypassed ...

0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 7, 2012
Just can see a solution for the installed version of Jira based on Groovy Script Runner: https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Conditions#Conditions-Alldependentissuesneedtoberesolved

Suggest an answer