Linked Issues: Jira Product Discovery

Santiago Vivas April 5, 2023

Hello Jira Product team,

My team is just starting to try out Jira Product Discovery, and I would like to ask some things that would help smooth the transition from some of the work around we have in place today.

My question is regarding different ways to "weigh" an idea so as to properly prioritize. Today we have created an automation rule that upticks a custom field (User Votes) when the @ symbol is detected in a comment. This allows our customer service department to simply make a comment with a short description and an email address on an existing jira issue, and it will uptick this count, giving the product team a way to weigh how many users want certain things.
I would like to better track this from the new ideas page but I am having some difficulties. First I am kindof annoyed that the native "linked issues" counter only goes up when issues from the same project are linked. This does not help me as I would like to track jira issues from other projects (regular jira projects). Secondly I would like to be able to bring in this custom "User Votes" field into jira discovery as well.
This would allow me to see from the dashboard, how many jira tickets are linked to an idea, as well as the amount of users who have "voted" for it. I would be able to set up formulas to give me custom impact/ effort scores that actually mean something to me.
Screenshot 2023-04-05 131450.pngScreenshot 2023-04-05 131711.png

Let me know if I am missing something, thanks.

-Santiago Vivas, Golden Software

0 answers

Suggest an answer