Linked Issue Filter for a label and linked Issues

Philipp Grimmel February 1, 2021

I try to filter all issue with a certain Label and want to see all issues including all linked issues even without the label.

If I try 

labels = API AND issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("label=API")

it says "issuefunction doesn't exist"

1 answer

1 vote
Kate Kabir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2021

Hi Phillipp

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that in JIRA Cloud you can only use the issueFunction() JQL function provided by ScriptRunner on the Enhanced Search page as described in the documentation here.

This is due to the way that Atlassian restrict how the JQL functions can interact with their infrastructure meaning we must run them in a sandbox process.

However this does not mean that they cannot be used inside other filters inside other filters or on filters for Agile boards, and to use the functions in other filters then you will need to follow the steps outlined below.

1. Navigate to the enhanced search page and construct the filter you require using the JQL functions provided by ScriptRunner.
  2. Save your filter and share it with the users that are required to be able to see it.
  3. Create the JQL search used by your board filter or quick filter and reference the saved filter using the syntax shown below which will return the results of your filter using the JQL functions provided by ScriptRunner.
filter = "<NameOfFilterHere>"

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Kate

Kate Kabir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2021

Hi Phillipp

Can you try the below search:

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("label=API"). 

Thank you

Kind Regards

Kate 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders