Link to an attachment in an issue

dennish_dcsorg_com April 7, 2020

Is there a way to generate a link that someone can click on that would send them direct to an attachment in an issue instead of having to go to the issue and then click on the attachment to view it? I have issues with PDFs attached and I'd like to be able to send links to the PDFs direct.

2 answers

0 votes
comrade
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 14, 2024

This doesn't work in Jira Cloud and the new issue view.

You can see the direct link in the REST API, or you can use a tool like this (Chrome plugin).

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2020

Hi @dennish_dcsorg_com 

I believe you can go to the issue, right-click to copy the link, and send that to people.  Have you tried that?

Best regards,

Bill

I did in Firefox and Chrome. it doesn't give me the copy link option.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2020

Hi Dennish,

Very curious...  I just tried it again in Chrome (81.0.4044.92), creating a new story with a PDF attachment, and I was able to successfully copy the link.  When I opened the link in another browser tab, it downloaded the document and then I opened it successfully.

When you right-click on the attachment, what are you seeing?

Back, forward, save as, print, cast, translate to English, view page source and inspect

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2020

Ah, let's try this.  When you look at the attachment, note there is a document-looking graphic in the middle of a white background.  Right-click on the document-looking graphic rather than the background.

When I do that, I see a different right-click context menu than when I right-click on the white background.

Strange, I get the same list of options if I RC on the doc "icon"

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2020

@dennish_dcsorg_com  -- I'm out of ideas on this one.  Hopefully someone else who sees this can pitch in.

__Bill

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events