Link other project in issue

Hi,

I know of issue linking and the possibility to use labels for filtering. Nonetheless I would be interested if it is possible in general to add a custom field where I can select a project key in a drop down or something similar.

The reason is that we have projects that contain tasks that are fixed in other projects. Instead of cloning or linking, I would prefer moving or creating these issues right in the other project and then adding such a "project link". With that in place, the original project could set up a board containg its own issues and all issues that have its project key set in the new custom field. By doing this, I could avoid loosing issues when having a typo in a label being used similar.

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

There is a custom field type called Project Picker that does exactly what you wanted.

This is either a built-in custom field type or provided by some add-on. I can't recall, but Google for this!

Awesome! That is exactly what I was searching for. I got though existing custom fields but missed it the first time due to so many XRay custom fields in that list. Thanks again!

@Thomas please accept my answer (instead of voting up), there is a separate link for that!, so that other users can see that it solved your question.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

434 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you