Link other project in issue

seiler_thomas June 28, 2017

Hi,

I know of issue linking and the possibility to use labels for filtering. Nonetheless I would be interested if it is possible in general to add a custom field where I can select a project key in a drop down or something similar.

The reason is that we have projects that contain tasks that are fixed in other projects. Instead of cloning or linking, I would prefer moving or creating these issues right in the other project and then adding such a "project link". With that in place, the original project could set up a board containg its own issues and all issues that have its project key set in the new custom field. By doing this, I could avoid loosing issues when having a typo in a label being used similar.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2017

There is a custom field type called Project Picker that does exactly what you wanted.

This is either a built-in custom field type or provided by some add-on. I can't recall, but Google for this!

seiler_thomas June 28, 2017

Awesome! That is exactly what I was searching for. I got though existing custom fields but missed it the first time due to so many XRay custom fields in that list. Thanks again!

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2017

@Thomas please accept my answer (instead of voting up), there is a separate link for that!, so that other users can see that it solved your question.

seiler_thomas June 29, 2017

done. thanks.

Suggest an answer