Link multiple issues to a task

SHAYIQ THAKUR April 4, 2017

In my JIRA we have multiple issue types which are used across SDLC , my requirement is to find all the defects that are created by SIT team and link them back to the development taks. 

I use this query to find all my development tasks 

filter name =19847
issuetype = "Development Task"

Currently there are a lot of defects which are not connected to the Development task . I can run a query to manualy search for a part of the development task name and then manually add them.

I use following query to find all the unliked defects

type = Defect AND affectedVersion >= " 2 "  AND ("Defect Type" is EMPTY ) AND NOT(issue in linkedIssuesFromFilter("19847")) and Summary ~ "Earned%Income%"

after I find all the defects for Earned income development taks then I open the development task and link all the defects to it manually . This is very time consuming .

I want to know if there is any automatic way to accomplish it. 

1 answer

0 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2019

Hi @SHAYIQ THAKUR !

I found your question while searching for another issue I have; were you ever able to figure this one out? I tried using a bulk edit, but there doesn't seem to be a "Linked Issues" field available there.

It would be interesting to see what you discovered, until then I'll keep trying.

-Scott

Suggest an answer