Link current viewed issue to create issue as POST function - ScriptRunner

dbrewerTTech August 4, 2014

Good morning,

I'm currently trying to write a post function script (Jython) to create a link between two issues on create. For us, we're trying to view a user story, then click create issue and make a requirement. Upon creation, we want to link the user story with the requirement. I've looked around about this and found a few examples on this page http://www.denizoguz.com/2013/06/29/jiraautomatically-linking-issues-with-a-script-during-create-transition/

I'm unsure how to continue. I've written small scripts before, so I'm not worried about not understanding what I'm doing, I'm just unsure how to proceed.

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2014

The examples on your link are for groovy (script runner), rather than python (jira scripting suite).

Either way, you will be wanting the javadoc for com.atlassian.jira.issue.link.IssueLinkManager and com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager.

dbrewerTTech August 5, 2014

Okay! My biggest issue, is I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get the current issues ID so I can link to it. I know the tutorial I posted mentioned you put a custom ID in there, but I'm not sure if we're able to right now. I just assumed there might be another way.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2014

Current issue is available in the binding as issue. So to get the id you do issue.id.

dbrewerTTech August 5, 2014

I think I mistyped my previous explanation.

When you are viewing an issue, and you click "Create Issue" on the top bar, the screen comes up to create an issue. When you click create and the issue is created, I'm trying to get the ID of the issue I was viewing while creating the issue. That way I can link the to. Does issue count for the viewed issue? or for the created issue?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 6, 2014

Hrm... a better option might be to default some field to the issue that is currently being viewed with javascript.

If not, I don't know whether you can get the currently viewed issue from the user's session, although there won't always be a session, eg rest api requests.

You can get the most recently viewed one from user history but that might not be what you want.

dbrewerTTech August 6, 2014

That sounds like a start to me anyway. I'll work off of that! Thanks!

Suggest an answer