Link Test Plans, Test Executions and Tests (XRay)

Jessica Mosley March 21, 2019

My company currently uses XRay for test management. I like it very much but alot of manual manipulation needs to be done in the test planning phase (as far as I know). Currently I use it in conjunction with Automation for JIRA and Scriptrunner and I would like to use these to link test plans, test executions and plans automatically. I have looked and cannot find a way to do this. I do see you can use the API but it is very confusing to me on how to achieve this. Has anyone who uses the add-on been able to achieve this task, if so how?

1 answer

0 votes
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2019

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that you can link to issues together inside of Jira using the issueLink Rest API which Atlassian provide and can confirm that we have an example script located here which you can run on the script console and shows how you link two issues together.

You will be able to use this script as a reference guide when creating the script that you require to meet your needs. 

If this API will not work for the X-Ray issues then I would advise reviewing the X-Ray rest API located here.

If this response has answered your question can you please mark it as accepted so that other users can see it is correct when searching for similar answers.

Regards,

Kristian

Jessica Mosley March 25, 2019

I was able to link tickets via JIRA but it is not recognized in the XRay Plugin. So if I search a test plan the tickets are not showing. 

I know about the XRay API but I am not seeing how you link the tickets via the API as I stated previously, it is confusing on how to achieve this.

Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2019

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for your response.

I would advise contacting the X Ray support team through their support portal located here to ask them to provide yourself with an example of using the API if the standard Jira API's do not meet your need.

I can confirm that ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud supports interacting with third partt applications as long as the third party application has a rest API which it can call but that we do not have any examples of interacting with X Ray that we can share with yourself.

Regards,

Kristian

Jessica Mosley March 25, 2019

Thanks for you help

Suggest an answer