Limiting what Projects show up on the Service Desk Help Center

Tabatha Spake September 29, 2021

Hello. We have 20 projects setup in Jira for 20 different clients. One of the projects only needs to have the Customer Permission setting set so that anyone can create a jira without a login. However when we set this it then makes this project appear on the SErvice Desk Help Center Portal page for all 19 other projects(clients). We need to  know how to  make it not appear on other projects portal screen but be set for anyone with this Project URL Link to be able to submit a jira (no login required).

does anyone have any advice on this that can help?

1 answer

2 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2021

@Tabatha Spake Welcome to the Atlassian Community

The only way currently to hide a service desk in the help center is to make it accessible to customers added by agents or admins.  There is a feature request for the functionality you are asking for here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-1547 You should vote for it.

Thank you @Brant Schroeder . The issue is we need many people to be able to create a ticket using the email address or direct link to the service desk project without forcing these users to login. However when we do that then all other porject users (different clients) see our project as an option when they go to create a jira which we need to avoid. I did go and look at the jira you sent me but I don't believe that's after the same functionality. Maybe I am just not understanding it. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2021

@Tabatha Spake When a client logs into the customer portal they will see all service desks that they have access to at the help center level.  For example:

Customer A has access to Project A but it is locked down to customers that have been added to this portal.

Customer B has access to Project B but it is locked down to customers that have been added to this portal.

Project C is open to all customers. 

In the help center the customers would see the following:

Customer A can see:

• Project A
  • Project C

Customer B can see:

• Project B
  • Project C

Since you have a project that is open to anyone so they can send emails into the project without being affiliated with it first then all customers will see that project.  The only way for it to not be seen in the help center would be to lock it down to only customers who have been added to it.  The feature request I sent you references an option to prevent a public project from being listed in the help center as that feature does not currently exist.

Yes! That's exactly what the situation is. Thank you.

Suggest an answer