Limit users adding issue to sprint

Bas Knibbe September 8, 2022

Currently all users on our Jira board have the role 'Users' (A project role that represents users in a project', to me this seems the role with the least amount of authorisations.

However these users are still able to add new issues to a running sprint. How do I prevent most of my users to add issues to a sprint? Off course these users should be able to add new issues to the backlog and be able to work on existing issues on the current sprint (have edit rights on the issue and move it around on the kanban board)

Which role(s) is/are required for these users?

Which role should I assign to the users who should be able to add issues to a sprint?

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

The best thing you can do here is to talk to the team's scrum master - they should be educating the team about when they should be adding things to a sprint.

0 votes
Sakina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2022

hi, Update your project permission  and remove user Project role  from schedule issue permission 

Suggest an answer