Limit the labels for a project

Veronika Bencheva October 17, 2019

Hello,

I have a few questions regarding the Labels field in the issues. Please see below

• Is it possible to define a limited amount of labels per component in a project?
  • Is it possible to limit the labels only for our project, so that users will use predefined labels and will not be able to create new ones?
  • Only project admins should be able to create new labels in the project.

Thank you!

Veronika

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2019

Hello, you can't do any of those things but you could use a multiselect custom field instead, that you only jira admins can add options to it,  you can limit the options to an specific project and users can only pick what is in place.

Hello, thank you for the answer. Am I going to be able to create filters based on the custom field and then reports based on those filters? (Sorry I am new to Jira, I have read a lot but am still missing some information).

Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2019

yes, you will be able to run reports for sure with those.

Like Veronika Bencheva likes this

Thank you! I will try that! You were very helpful.

Suggest an answer