• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Limit permissions to add items into an Active Sprint

I would like to restrict who can add/remove items to/from a Sprint to ensure that only the "Product Owner" can do so and not members (Scrum Team).

I tried restricting "Schedule Issues" Permissions to only Product Owner, but doesn't restrict the rest of the team to add issues to Sprint, as I have given them Edit permissions. 

Any other option to do so?

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @akunati,

Restricting users from adding/dragging issues into sprints — Only users with the Schedule Issues and Edit Issues Project Permissions can add/drag issues into sprints. If you would like to prevent users from doing this, restrict their Schedule Issues and/or Edit Issues permissions.

Hi @Ollie Guan_携程, I observed that unless I restrict users on both - Schedule Issues and Edit Issues, which is not an option as I want the team to be able to edit issues, but not add issues to Sprint.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Regards,

Anvesh

Hi @akunati,

If you give the user edit permission, but there is no scheduling permission, the user should have the following prompt when operating the sprint.

“You cannot perform this operation because you do not have "Schedule" permission.”

schedule.png

Danyal Iqbal Community Leader Aug 24, 2018

JSWSERVER-8964 might be relevant eventually.

@Ollie Guan_携程, Unfortunately, just having edit permissions is giving developers ability to add issues to Sprint, we're using JIRA Server (JIRA Software 7.3.3) version. What version is it from above screenshot?

I have tried to manage this using "Manage Sprint" permission also, but no luck.

Any other suggestions?

@akunati  There is no  other suggestion,  you need  to vote and wait  for implementation according to Atlassian policy.

Best regards,

Moses

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you