Limit/Restrict User Mention to Project Team Edited

I'd like to restrict who certain group members can mention on an issue when commenting - only mention users who are part of the project.

Use case: 

• We have a client group for each project
    • The group only consists of client users
  • On each project we add all the internal team members and clients with their respective roles - all clients have role 'client'
  • Right now when the client tries to mention someone, they are provided a list of all our users on our system, which is not ideal as we don't want a client to be able to see other client names nor do we want them to mention the wrong team member

We are looking for a solution that only allows CLIENT roles or users part of a certain group to only be able to mention users who are part of the project. 

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Berenberg Community Champion Oct 19, 2017

You can’t do that. The closest you can do is remove Browse User global permission from everyone who is not a staff member.

But then will the clients be able to make comments and mention team members? That was the only reason that permission was added really.

This is a big issue for us and I'm sure other Atlassian users. Is there any plan for this to be added in the future or is there an app we can get that'll help us achieve this?

Any advise here? 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 16, 2018 in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

1,325 views 17 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you