Leadership dashboard from JIRA Software

Pradeep Borse December 2, 2019

I need high level reports with multiple products, projects and initiatives in JIRA Software. So I am searching for a tool that suffices below points.

Some of the Points to consider:

1. Team size is about 50-70, leadership is about 15, which means we minimum to the leadership visibility, or even to 5 people, then export as excel, pdf to share the visibility and updates.
  2. Easy to use, we do have people are familiar with tech and very operational.
  3. Easy to see the risks, timelines, business value, workload and burnouts. Cross 6-7 teams and upto 10 products, 20 initiatives and 5-7 bigger projects.
  4. The more I think about it, the more I feel it's like using Project to manage all projects in one master project. But I feel it requires solid PM skills and a bit worried how comfortable non-technical people to use it.

Can you please help me to find out a tool or plugin inside JIRA Software that can manage all above things.

2 answers

0 votes
Rhyan Talbot December 9, 2019

Hi @Pradeep Borse !

We use Acitivity Timeline and as far as I can see, its features fit to your requirements. 

It gives a cross-project view, information about teams, their capacity, worked hours. Different reports are also available and we can track working progress. Interface is user-friendly so I found this app an "easy - to- use" one.  

You may check it here - https://activitytimeline.com/

Hope it'll help.

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2019

Hi @Pradeep Borse

There's a few options out there - have you considered Jira Portfolio? It's going to give you a range of reports and options to manage work across a portfolio - rather than just per project.

This will also allow you to setup Jira with more levels than just Epic and Story - to visualise Initiatives and otherwise.

Good documents to read through for this are here.

Ste

Devesh Yadav December 2, 2019

Hi Stephen,

We have considered Jira Portfolio, it doesn't provide a granular level of tracking and dashboards in order to effective governing of the program.

we require an extension to Jira projects, that consolidates the information from multiple Jira projects, and provides a single dashboard for C level executives.

There are products available in the market(E.g. WorkOtter Or Pojectmanager.com), these products provide such features for effective governance of program/portfolios.

I hope Atlassian also have something similar or might be something in the pipeline, please could you confirm, Accordingly we need to make a few purchasing decisions.

Thank you!

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2019

Hi @Devesh Yadav

Did you find what you were looking for?

There are other alternatives apps to Portfolio on the Atlassian Marketplace which might suit, such as BigPicture or Structure - you'll need to decide if these suit your team or organisation.

A further alternative would be to consider a BI tool if you're looking for consolidated dashboards, which would be more customisable for specific companies.

Ste

Devesh Yadav December 29, 2019

Thanks a lot Stephen, both BigPicture and Structure looks interesting, I'll explore it.

Suggest an answer