Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Layout in every JIRA Page (I'm new on this)

Is it just me, or there's a lot of page layout to be done on JIRA CLOUD? 

jira_spaces.png

I find uncomfortable all space that can be enhanced with a more Compact view on all items.
Specially, on top of pages, there's plenty of space to add more information for project management. 

Is there improvements on this coming soon? 

Thanks to share your opinions.

3 answers

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Jul 13, 2021

Hi @Mauricio Ferreyra ,

i’m on sure if I follow your concern or question. Are you saying that there is a lot of white space in the board view that could be and should be otherwise  populated with pertinent information? Keep in mind that some of the white space will be impacted by the size of your screen. If you shrink down your browser window what do you see? Also some of that area will get filled in depending on how you can figure your board. For example if you had a lot of quick filters see what happens to some of the white space. If you mean something else please elaborate and I will see if I can provide some input if not an acceptable answer. Finally for sure you’re a cloud is changing rapidly it’s sort of like the weather.😉

Jack Community Leader Jul 15, 2021

i guess it is just a subjective thing. Personally I don't want so much information on one single screen. I don't want every bit of space occupied. I believe the absence of information draws your attention to what's important. For me white space is important. Looking at one of my test projects this is what I see answer me it's clean and legible. Regardless it never hurts to share your feedback with it last year and using the feedback link.

2021-07-15_12-47-45.jpg

0 votes

Thanks Jack for your feedback.

When I shrink my web browser everything still keeps its ratio...
Actually, I'm not talking about Boards, I'm talking about Backlog layout (see attached image).

That Layout annoys me, since has too much space wasted (at a kind of header div), It barely uses almost 50% of the page with important information.

I'll keep praying that JIRA Cloud version will become more compact-style soon, I hope.

0 votes
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Jul 17, 2021

There are some Suggestions open on user experience, design and layout.

This here is just one random-picked example where one could say that the user's screen is not fully used.

Apart from that regarding New Issue View there are also Suggestions open dealing with how the space on the screen could used best.

I think, it is worth having a look into those Suggestions every now and then. Especially in Cloud offererings there are a lot of changes (documented here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/blog) and as far as I have noticed user interface improvements are indeed something that happen from time to time.

Regards,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you