It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Label Colors in Issue

Hi There,

Is it possible to add different color, other than the default color, to a label in issue?

Thanks,

Vivek

9 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hello Vivek,

After some time digging about this feature, I find out that this functionality is not possible at this moment, Vivek.

We had a feature request in the past asking for this functionality, however, our developers have decided to not implement it due to the small number of requests:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-12365

I would also love this feature...

Like # people like this

Atlassian is sleeping in the laurels. Azure DevOps has this functionality and more. I am thinking seriously to cancel my subscription. 

Like # people like this

Add color to labels.  I'm sure I speak for 100's of thousands of users.

Like # people like this

I would also like this feature. I've got about 30-40 stories stacked and all with light gray labels. Gimme some choice in this matter. I want color.

Like Jennifer Fisher likes this

kanban board.jpgIsn't this image from the website showing what is needed?

Like # people like this

Hi Kurt.

It is.  Atlassian - here's an example.

Thanks,
Roger

1 vote

Hi Vivek,

It doesn't seem that this is natively supported by JIRA, but you could vote for the request here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-12365

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-12365

Hope it helps,

Carlos

Thank you so much guys, your input has been helpful. I have logged a request for feature.

You're welcome, Vivek. Hopefully there is more interest in this feature and it gets implemented one day. I think it's a good idea!

Like Janusz Krawiec likes this

wrong account 

Jira Cloud, dragable color labels with color wheel sorely needed.

We would love to see this feature too because our team is hoping to use color label for stories so that each team will see clearly on which stories they should involve in backlog.

0 votes

We would like to have this feature.

When are we having this feature ?

Coloring of labels will make my life as a product manager easier. We need more flexible and visual ways to sort, label and prioritize our backlog.

upvoting the request, i would love to separate issues not only by epic colors, but also by label colors

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

261 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you