LDAP Authentication + Yubikey (2FA)

Guy Greenshtein December 19, 2021

Hello everyone,

I recently deployed an AD server so I can authenticate users connecting to Jira based on their personal credentials and privilege level access according to the group they're in.

In addition, I would like to add Yubikey as 2FA so that I would enter my username and password and also be required to use the USB token.

Is it possible?

3 answers

0 votes
Sheetal Lokhande_miniOrange January 3, 2022

Hi @Guy Greenshtein

mO Two Factor Authentication (2FA) for JIRA provides a solution to achieve your use case.

You can connect Jira to your AD and then enable Yubikey Hardware Token as a 2FA method by installing the addon.

The end-user behaviour will be like this - when the users will try to access Jira they will be authenticated based on their personal credentials and then they will be prompted for 2nd-factor authentication using the Yubikey hardware token.

The addon is easy to configure and provides many other advanced 2FA settings which can suffice your needs in future.

P.S - I work at miniOrange, one of the best 2FA vendors on the Atlassian Marketplace. For the best pricing and free installation, I recommend contacting miniOrange Support.

You can reach out to us at atlassiansupport@xecurify.com or raise a ticket on the Customer Portal.

Thanks,
Sheetal

0 votes
Mario Anstoots December 19, 2021

Hi @Guy Greenshtein

you may want to use the SecSign 2FA AddOn. It supports FIDO with Yubikey and many more.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214084/two-factor-authentication-2fa-for-jira?tab=overview&hosting=Server

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact the support at support@secsign.com

Kind regards.

I didn't see anything about AD

Am I missing it?

Mario Anstoots December 19, 2021

Did you already connect your AD to Jira?

Then you can configure 2FA Methods for all users. It just extends the authentication for your Jira users.

Guy Greenshtein December 21, 2021

So based on what you're suggesting:

1. We shall connect Jira to the local LDAP server (AD).

2. Install the SecSign 2FA add-on on Jira.

3. Using the add-on, configure 2FA option for the users.

Now I'm a bit lost about where I perform the configuration towards Yubikey server

Mario Anstoots December 22, 2021

The Yubikey is assigned and configured for the users on their first login with username and password.

0 votes
Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2021

Hi @Guy Greenshtein ,You may want to vote for this feature request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/ID-6487

As far as I understand, there's already a way to authenticate local Jira users with Yubikey using a plugin

Suggest an answer