Kanban Board Quick Filter

Juliette Gaffney January 3, 2020

I would like to be able to filter our JIRA issues by Start Date so that the tickets that we need to set up are in the order that we need to build them in.

I have set up a filter in my Issues & Filters section of JIRA that works as required, as per the screenshot however when I add it to my team's shared Kanban board as a quick filter it is not working properly.

Instead of filtering by the "Start Time" requested on the ticket by the requestor it is filtering by the "Create date" of the ticket.

Can anyone help with a way that I can get the filter to work correctly on the Kanban board?

start date in order.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2020

Hello @Juliette Gaffney

Thank you for reaching out.

I believe that your Kanban board filter under Board settings > General is being ordered by rank with the same parameter as the screenshot below. Is that correct? 

Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 19.09.23.png

If that's the case, I'm afraid that backlog quick filters that utilize an ORDER BY query not based on Rank do not work if a Rank has been set for an issue on the board.

Although this is working as intended, we understand this might not be the efficient way that you expect it to work, so we created the following feature request to improve this functionality:

Backlog quick filters should have the ability to supersede default filter 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Juliette Gaffney January 14, 2020

Many thanks, I have voted and am watching as advised

h_winn September 23, 2021

I dont havethis view -- is it only for classic. How do we utilize board quick filters in Cloud?

Suggest an answer