KanBan board across multiple projects

Jesse Steinberg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 4, 2020

We have two jira projects. I would like to create a kanban board based in one of the projects that shows tasks from Project A that has any kind of linked task from Project B.

Is this possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2020

Hi @Jesse Steinberg,

Welcome to Atlassian Community.

Yes, it is possible to have multiple projects on a board. A board is associated with a filter, and it is the filter that defines what is being shown on the board. Have a look at What is a board? for more information, the last section talks about cross-project board.

Jesse Steinberg
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 4, 2020

Thanks for you quick response. I figured out how to create a board containing multiple projects.

My next question is as follows:

I have Project A and Project B

I want my new board to show all tasks from Project A that have any type of linked task from Project B

Thanks!

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2020

Unfortunately JQL does not have a function that allows you to search on issues in project A and linked issues in project B. You would have to have an app that provide that feature. If you search the Marketplace you will find apps that extends JQL. I have used Scriptrunner in the past and it has a function called linkedIssuesOf that can give you the result you are looking for.

Youki
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 22, 2022

@Mikael Sandberg can you share the app link?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2022

@Youki If you click on the Marketplace link it will take you to a search that shows apps that extends JQL.

Suggest an answer