KANBAN Config - Components/Labels do not show

Monica Turson December 6, 2019

I created a KANBAN board and configured it to show labels on the cards. When that didn't work, I tried components and that didn't work either. It just says "None" in both fields. But there are labels and components on the stories. If this is not available functionality, can anyone advise on what alternatives I could use? I am trying to show stories in scope vs. out of scope.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2019

Hi @Monica Turson

This should work - can I verify you took these steps?

1. Access Board Configuration / Board Settings (depending on if this is Server or Cloud)
  2. On the left-hand menu, select Card Layout
  3. Locate the field you want to add to the card and select "Add"
  4. Go back to the Board

^ I tested this just now and it works - if not for you, could you verify if you're in Cloud or Server/DC? If Cloud - is this classic or next-gen?

It would be beneficial to show a screenshot of your board settings for card layout, alongside a screenshot of your issue with a component and with it as none on the board - will help us understand where it might be going wrong :)

Ste

Monica Turson December 9, 2019

I double checked the config and I was using the wrong field. We have several fields for component and label... so silly human error.

Thank you so much for your response!

Suggest an answer