We have to make a jirta workflow.In the requirements it states the below:-
1.Need to have a "assign-back" transition button visible to the assigned user.
2.If a user "x" assigns a task to "y",then "y" should be able to click this back button and auto assign it back to the previous user.
However this user wouldnt belong to a special group or something that we can use to assign.Please let me know if anyone has any ideas.
This can be achieved by using the Assign to last role member function on Jira Misc Workflow extension plugin.
Also have a look at this documentation for details
I would say, this can be achieved even without any plugin. Please follow the below steps;
1. Add a custom field ( user picker), say ‘Pre User’. No need to add this field in to any screens.
2. Edit your workflow transition ( ‘assign back’) , go to the workflow post function of this step
3. Click on Add a post function and select ‘Copy Value From Field to Field’ post function. In the next window, choose values so that the source field will be ‘assignee’ and destination field will be ‘Pre User’. Make sure that you check the field ‘Use value before current transition’ in this window.
4. Now you have kept the previous username in the custom field ‘Pre user’.
5. Similarly, edit the transition ‘ Return’ ( or whatever you added for the user Y to move it back to the last user) and add a similar post function. This time you select ‘Prev User’ as source and ‘Assignee’ as destination field.
Hope this is clear.
I don't think that the above mentioned plugin has 'assign to last user' post funtion. But it has 'assign to last user in project role' option. Still I recommend my suggestion as I have implemented similar workflow transition in our JIRA.
The thing is i have a transition "assign-back".i want to add in the post function a condition that states that when a user clicks this button the task would get assigned back to the user who assigned it to him.however in the post func i see options like ASSIGN TO REPORTED,CURRENT USER ETC.none gives the option to assign to the former user.
Also i am unable to understand your first comment.Could you please elaborate
We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs