Jira workflow condition issue with shared screen

Samuel June 12, 2014

Hi,

I am having an issue with JIRA workflow conditions, validators, and Post functions.

I have three status, suppose A, B, C that is transitioned to "Closed" Status with same transition screen. But when i change the condition on one of the transition , say "A", it automatically change the condition for other two transition "B" and "C" as well.

So, is there any way to add the condition (sharing same transition screen) without affecting the other two transition?

Note: I don't want to create a seperate transition screen for any of these three status.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2014

It sounds like you have used a shared transition - that is you can say "close" when the issue is in status A, B or C. When you edit that, you're not actually "automatically chanign the condition for other transitions", you're changing that single transtion that has several starting points

You need to split that out - have transtion 1 from A to closed, transition 2 from B to closed, and transition 3 from C to closed. Your transitions can use the same conditions, post-functions, validators and share a screen, but because they are now separate entities, you are now free to change them

Suggest an answer