Jira won't start after reboot on Centos8

akinadeyemo1 December 19, 2019

Hi All,

I just had postgresql database connection to Jira issue resolved as advised by Brandon Jackson yesterday.

I have this final issue to be resolved, I realized that jira would not start after reboot. I have to use the startup.sh script to bring it up.

I have used the following documents available in the community but not yet resolved

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Jira-service-not-auto-starting-when-installed-as-a-service/qaq-p/812186

and

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Jira-and-Confluence-does-not-startup-after-linux-system-reboot/qaq-p/1085293

From advise on the later, when I set up jira.service script in /lib/systemd/system and start the service by #systemctl start jira.service

I got an error message

"Job for jira.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status jira.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details."

I have put in this details at the top of my jira.service script as advised by someone but still not working #chkconfig: 2345 80 05

Adding jira service with command 

#chkconfig --add jira

also popped up with error

"service jira does not support chkconfig"

Please can someone help please?

Thanks for your assistance.

Akin

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
akinadeyemo1 December 19, 2019

Got this fixed

1) I added jira service

#chkconfig --add jira

2) I modified the script /etc/rc.d/init.d/jira by changing the start-jira.sh to startup.sh and also stop-jira.sh to shutdown,sh

This modification enables me to use the startup and shutdown script in /opt/atlassian/jira/bin  to start and stop jira while booting and shutting down my server.

3) When this was modified I ensure having appropriate link in /etc/rc.d/rc5.d for starting up jira when server is coming up and /etc/rc.d/rc0.d for shutting down jira when server is going down.

This perfectly works for me.

Thanks

Suggest an answer