Jira user list.

Eric Sebian October 10, 2012

Is there a way to create a printable list of all the users in my JIRA database? There are a number of users that have left the company and I want to do cleanup.

thanks.

Eric Sebian

1 answer

0 votes
Vishwajeet Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2012

Easiest way IMHO go to database backend fire a sql query take the results in csv and print.

Vishwajeet Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2012

yes mysql database in your case.

would you happen to know the table name that I need to query?

is the DB you are refering to the "jiradb"? that I created in mysql. (may be different for you)

Vishwajeet Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2012

CWD_USER more details here

thanks. I'll try to figure it out and only bug you if I get stuck. :)

Ok. I'm back. I tried to do a select on the table CWD_USER but there was nothing in there. Though I did find user data in userbase. Is that a valid table?

select * from userbase;

Also, is this the best way to get my list in printable form?

Vishwajeet Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2012

what version of jira you are running ? Not sure about the best way but that's the easiest and fastest way IMHO

I am running version 4.2

Vishwajeet Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2012

Looking at this article it seems to be best way as well

Vishwajeet Singh
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2012

I thought so for jira 4.2 please refer this article

SELECT u.id, u.username, ps.propertyvalue INTO OUTFILE '/path/to/userlist.csv'
    FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"'
    LINES TERMINATED BY '\n'
FROM userbase u JOIN propertyentry pe ON pe.entity_id = u.id JOIN propertystring ps ON ps.id = pe.id
WHERE  property_key = 'fullName' ORDER BY propertyvalue ASC;

Suggest an answer