Jira upgrade path from v7.13.5 to v8.14, and how long will Atl be releasing updates to Jira server?

Uncharted IT January 6, 2021

Hi Everyone, 

Pretty standard question, but what is the upgrade path from Jira v7.13.5 to v8.14?

I did try to find the answer, but I can only find this page, that talks about release notes: 
upgrade-matrix 

Also, my company is currently using Jira server, because we have a current subscription, we will be able to use Jira server until Feb 2024, however I was wondering how long Jira will be releasing updates for Jira server for.  From what I understand, it seems Atlassian will be releasing updates to Jira server until Feb 2022, however they might just be support for Jira server, not actual updates.  

Any insight for my two questions will be very helpful.  
Thank you. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2021

In theory, 7.13 to 8.14 is a single step - run the installer for 8.14 and point it to your 7.13 install.

I'd test it first, and if you run into problems, then do 7.13 -> 8.0 -> 8.14

If by "updates", you mean "stuff that includes new features", I would expect to continue seeing them, as they are not stopping adding features to Data Centre, and that is effectively the same software as Server.  Whether a particular new DC feature will be enabled in Server is another question, but I'd expect the smaller ones to flow in.

Uncharted IT January 8, 2021

Sounds good, thank you for your info.  

Suggest an answer