Jira upgrade issue

Allan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 25, 2023

Good evening all, 

Upgrading Jira 8.2x to 9.x 

Disabled addons everything is fine with the upgrade and it goes through but does not start. 

Working on Windows 2019.

When looking at the logs

JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR [c.a.jira.startup.ComponentContainerLauncher] A fatal error occurred during initialization. JIRA has been locked.
com.atlassian.jira.InfrastructureException: Error occurred while initializing component 'com.atlassian.jira.plugin.JiraPluginPersistentStateStore'.

Caused by:com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing the following:Select pluginkey, pluginenabled FROM pluginstate WHERE (pluginkey LIKE ?) (ORA-00904: "PLUGINKEYIKE": invalid identifier)
        Caused by...
            Caused by: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00904: "PLUGINKEYIKE": Invalid identifier
            at com.atlassian.jira.ofbiz.DefaultOfBizDelegator.findByLike(DefaultOfBizDeLegator.java:127)

I've restarted the server and removed add-ons. I know that Oracle is not appreciating the JQL term PLUGINKEYIKE and when searching for it in the database I get none. I get PLUGINKEY but not PLUNINKEYIKE. So I'm likely to think that this is the cause of the issue. Along the road, this term was recycled. However, I am not a DB admin so would appreciate some guidance.

2 answers

0 votes
Parvaneh Zand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2023

Same issue…

any solution?

Sue Bridges January 9, 2024

Hi, I have the same error from 9.4.0 to 9.12.1 Jira.  What was your solution in the end please?

0 votes
Florian Bonniec
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2023

Hi @Allan 

What is the database collation you are using ?

Regards

Allan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 30, 2023

Binary Collation.

Suggest an answer