Jira tips for neuro-divergent peeps?

Sharlynn Hill April 29, 2022

Hi! I'm new to Jira and am wondering if anyone can provide some tips, tricks, or recommendations on add-ons for neuro-divergent (ie ADHD or Autistic) brains?    I've heard great things about Tiimo but I don't think it integrates with Jira.

3 answers

1 vote
Jimi Wikman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2022

I think this is the same tips as for everyone: Configure your Jira to be focused and without clutter.

I have worked with several people with different aspects of the autism spectrum, and they have had no problems once things have been set up properly. My experience is that the rituals and processes are more of a hindrance than the tool.

0 votes
Reinaldo Borges Júnior February 15, 2023

I am Autistic and Jira helped me to become an agilist, a Scrum Master and familiar with project management with Jira.

It was a great personal overcoming.
I became more agile and organized.

0 votes
johndpatton June 29, 2022

Here are two posts on the topic I see in the Atlassian Blog
(a bit old so you may have seen them already)

Can the future of tech include Autism Spectrum Disorder? 

“I’ve been fired more than you’ve been hired”: tales of neurodiversity in the workplace 

If you find anything useful on this topic please bring it back here I will follow along!

Reinaldo Borges Júnior February 15, 2023

Thanks for your comment.

If I find anything like the warning.

Until later.

=)

Suggest an answer