Jira timesheet plugin not working in jira 5.2.6, what should I do?

We recently upgraded from jira 5.0.1 to 5.2.6 and jira timesheet plugin not working. we have the license and still not working, What should I do?

The error is:

Error loading gadget from rest/gadgets/1.0/g/jira-timesheet-plugin:timesheet-gadget/gadget.xml: org.apache.shindig.gadgets.GadgetException: Unable to retrieve gadget xml. HTTP error 500

4 answers

1 vote

Did you upgrade the timesheet plugin to the latest valid version as well?

we have jira-timesheet-plugin Version: 2.3.12. It's enable, but not working.

Ok. That's not the latest version, so I'd try upgrading first. If that's still not helping, then you need to start reading your logs to find out what the errors are.

Sorry,. I mean jira timesheet and gadget plugin. "https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/jira-timesheet-plugin/version/53"

Oh, right, then it's definitely time to read the logs. Look at a time when you deliberately provoke the error (I tend to have a terminal with tail -f running on the log, then click the dashboard - that lets me narrow it down, as logs can be very wordy)

ok, I go to the dashboard and look in catalina.out. The error is:

2013-02-19 13:46:06,959 http-bio-8080-exec-255 WARN sabin.ungureanu 826x99547x1 luxck4 172.17.4.102 /secure/Dashboard.jspa [gadgets.renderer.internal.GadgetSpecFactoryImpl] Error occurred while retrieving gadget spec for rest/gadgets/1.0/g/jira-timesheet-plugin:timesheet-gadget/gadget.xml
2013-02-19 13:46:06,960 http-bio-8080-exec-255 WARN sabin.ungureanu 826x99547x1 luxck4 172.17.4.102 /secure/Dashboard.jspa [gadgets.renderer.internal.GadgetSpecFactoryImpl] Error occurred while retrieving gadget spec for rest/gadgets/1.0/g/jira-timesheet-plugin:timesheet-gadget/gadget.xml
2013-02-19 13:46:06,960 http-bio-8080-exec-255 WARN sabin.ungureanu 826x99547x1 luxck4 172.17.4.102 /secure/Dashboard.jspa [gadgets.embedded.internal.GadgetUrlBuilder] GadgetUrlBuilder: could not parse spec at rest/gadgets/1.0/g/jira-timesheet-plugin:timesheet-gadget/gadget.xml

"Could not parse spec" either means the plugin is throwing up a rubbish settings file, or it's not responding at all.

This could be down to

• a bug that needs to go to the vendor
  • an upgrade - the old settings are not compatible with the new code - can you try removing the gadget and re-adding it?
  • Load or another internal problem causing the settings to be not read at all

What happens when you add a new gadget? Same error or a different one?

Ok, it's working. we removed and then add again the gadget.

thanks for helping us.

question resolved. how do I close?

steel not know how to close this question.

question resolved.

You don't need to close the question. Just accept the answer Nic gave you.

But removing and adding the gadget is not a scalable approach. i have 500 users using this gagdget and can not ask them to remove and add the same :-(

You may not have any choice if you've installed the wrong version of the gadget or somehow upgraded to an incompatible version.

question resolved

Sabin, just click on the check next to what @Nic wrote down here...

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

91 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you