Jira templates - need two different ones, how?

Mark Stocker July 6, 2011

Hi all

Got Jira up and running for all our projects and have introduced some custom fields.

I want to get our Apps Maintanence team now using Jira but they need different fields.

How do I set this up to show different fields for different projects?

Thanks

Mark

1 answer

3 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2011

You need to create different field configuration schemes and associate them with projects.

Also check out Screen schemes to define different screens for different operations, with different order of fields etc.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2011

One thing I forgot to add ,should have mentioned first in fact, is that you can configue the fields to appear for only selected projects and issue type. Have a look at configuring a custom field.

Mark Stocker July 6, 2011

Thanks Jobin

Just found the configurign custom fields and assigning them to a selected project.

Suggest an answer