Jira software data center oracle instance

Margot September 23, 2019

Hello, regarding Oracle database, Is there any other requirement than the character set, the DB_BLOCK_SIZE parameter and ACO that I could find in Atlassian documentation ? Thanks. Nicole

1 answer

1 vote
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2019

The Atlassian doc for this should get you going. Also check the supported platforms page for the version of Jira you are running. You need to run a supported version of Oracle or you may have issues. 

Margot September 24, 2019

Hello Dave, thank you for the links. The additional information that i was thinking about were about the sizing (Database Size, Redo size, Undo size, Temp size, Number of redos, Archivelog size/da ...). Regards,

Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2019

I wouldn't go too crazy on it.  The normal database usage, even for a large instance isn't huge.  The SQL calls are generally pretty well optimized.  Without knowing your expected growth and usage, it's a bit difficult to get too precise, but I think you should be safe for a while with the following:

• 20GB DB size
  • 2 redo volume for redundancy
  • Archive double of DB size

Most people run on MySQL or Postgres with a fairly basic configuration, so there really isn't a need for massive scale. 

If you really want to warm up the database, the two most expensive operations that Jira does are reindexing and the XML backup. If you have a lot of data in your instance, doing either of those will put some good load on the DB.

Suggest an answer