Jira software data center on AWS/MS Azure

NMEZ May 19, 2021

Hi,

Could anyone share the Amazon and MS Azure pricing for JIra software Data center.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

1 answer

3 votes
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2021

Hi Nadir,

There is no single price for AWS or Azure.

You will need:

If you're unfamiliar with this you could contact an Atlassian Partner and ask to create a quote for you.

NMEZ May 20, 2021

Hi @Charlie Misonne 

Thank for your replying.

I am doing a benchmark , so i need person who had experience on MS Azure/AWS  and could share it with me not redirect me to links which I had already read.

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2021

Hi Nadir,

Ok so I misunderstood your question. But next time try to be more specific when asking a question.

Could anyone share the Amazon and MS Azure pricing for JIra software Data center.

I hope you can see your formulation is very general.

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
NMEZ May 20, 2021
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2021

I think you need to expand on your question, because it covers a number of elements you need to look at (price).  

No-one can answer "share the pricing for Atlassian on Azure / AWS" with anything other than a pointer to the list prices for each element. 

For example, the price of Jira DC licences depends on how many users you want to use it, and you have not told us that, so all we can do is refer you to the list price so you can look up the number in there.

It's similar for Azure and AWS pricing.  You need them to host the Jira nodes, but you have not said what size (cpu, ram, disk, etc) each node should be, or even how many you want.  So all we can do is point you at the Atlassian docs for "how do I size a Jira node/server" to get a rough idea of what sort of machines you will want to commission from Azure or AWS.

All that frames my actual answer to the question.  I've worked on Jira servers and DC nodes running on both Azure and AWS, and all I can say about benchmarking and pricing is that "the docs are generally right" and "your pricing depends entirely on what you choose to build"

NMEZ May 20, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Yes if  someone does infos like below example

Example :

MS Azure : For  Jira data Center with  500 users, we used   MS Azure with configurations details..... and costs 700 USD/Month

AWS: For  Jira data Center with  1000 users, we used   AWS with configurations details..... and costs 500 USD/Month

Just we do not have to reply if  we have not an interested answer. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2021

>It is weird, you say that "you  have worked on Jira servers and DC nodes running on both Azure and AWS " but you could not share an example  of configuration and pricing with me ?

I think you might be missing the point here.  Each installation I've worked with was different, needing different things for different clients.  Unless you happen to be identical to one of them, which is very unlikely, their settings and costs would be utterly meaningless to you.  (And possibly commercially/security sensitive, and I don't have the time to jump through all the hoops asking for permission to share)

>I knew that atlassian products is licensing by users but i am looking an example of configuration with pricing.

Yep, that's on the pricing pages.  Each line (tier of maximum users) is an "example"

>Did  you try to have a quot or pricing with the documentations links ?

Yes, we quote what the pricing pages say all the time.

>A person who has an experience with MS Azure/AWS could replying easily to my question corresponding to his case and context like Atlassian recommendations for server  hardware requirements guide.

No, they would not, because it's a lot of work to build a specific example that and your case would be different.  Again, it would be of little use to you, because it would not be what you are looking to do.

They could, if they had the time and inclination, build something useful for you, if you gave them the numbers that you are looking to build for, but it would be far quicker and more accurate if you did this work for yourself.  Take your broad estimate of roughly what you want to do and start reading at https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/node-sizing-overview-for-atlassian-data-center-941612709.html.  Working through that will get you looking at the questions you need to ask, and guide you towards what resources you probably want from the two platforms, then you'll be able to price them up yourself.

NMEZ May 20, 2021
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 20, 2021

Ok, but please don't ignore the main point of what I have said - you are not going to get an "interested answer" because you're asking for something that can't be usefully answered.

If you want to find out the pricing for Jira DC on Azure and AWS, you are going to need to detail what you are trying to set up and then size all the components.

It is very unlikely anyone is going to do that for you (after you give the information) as all of it is available in the docs, and it is going to be quicker and faster for you to look it up for yourself.

Suggest an answer