Jira service desk automation is not working

Rashid Owais December 19, 2019

I made rules in automation but it is not working in the tasks, why ?

my point is that i want to assigne an issue to a different person (escalate the task) after a specific time,

in the automation rules i made all the steps correct. 

1 answer

0 votes
Jorden Van Bogaert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2019

Hi @Rashid Owais 

Can you share your configuration? It's hard to point out a problem without seeing how it's setup. :D

Kind regards
Jorden

Rashid Owais December 19, 2019

Hello,

The rule was simple, i want to assigne another user after changine the priority to high, 

i did the rules and it is not working

Jorden Van Bogaert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2019

Hi @Rashid Owais 

• When editing the automation rule, double check that it is enabled (checkbox at the bottom)
  • When viewing your list of automation rules, there should be a button "View log", do you see any errors there? Maybe they can point you in the right direction.
  • Make sure that the assignee is valid (can be set as assignee)
  • Make sure that the event user (the user who is set to execute the rules) has the correct permissions to assign the ticket.

Those are the first things that pop in my head that may be causing problems.

Overall, the log for the automation rule should already give a clear view of what may be going wrong.

Hope this helps :)

Kind regards
Jorden

Suggest an answer