Jira server email this issue working on some projects but not all

Nico van der Walt December 6, 2022

Hi!

I have a case where on Jira server I have created multiple mail handlers to create tasks from mails. Most work fine but I have two that does not create issues. When I go to the mail handler and hit "Test" it picks up the mails that are in the inbox and the connection is successful but does not create tasks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2022

Hi @Nico van der Walt and welcome to the community,

To whom is the issue create permissions assigned on the project to where the email handler doesn't create issues? Are you creating these issues with a default reporter?

Nico van der Walt December 6, 2022

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 
Yes I do have a default reporter set up if Jira doesn't associate the mail address to a user in the system

The create permissions are set up for admin users and participants of which the default reporter is a participant Screenshot 2022-12-07 092155.pngScreenshot 2022-12-07 092100.png 
the funny thing is if I change the project the mails process and creates tasks but when  I change it back and test it doesn't create issues - is there project settings I am maybe missing?

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2022

Can you also check your workflow create transition for any suspicious validators/conditions? There also could be a post function which can't run due to permissions and the whole create process never runs.

Nico van der Walt December 7, 2022

Hi Alex

Thanks SOO much for the support - there was a validator to make a field required on create. I removed the validator and task are creating now

Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2022

@Nico van der Walt good to know that!

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 6, 2022

Hi Nico,

can you please contact our support channel via https://metainf.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1 or support@metainf.atlassian.net?

To track down these issues, we will need some details, screenshots, potentially logs. Our tech team will be able to assist you to rectify the config or recommend a workaround.

Thank you,

Tibor

Suggest an answer