Jira server SSO

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2022

Hi,

Can we enable SSO for third-party users (who are not in our AD)?

Are there any solutions or plugins for this use case?

TIA!

2 answers

1 vote
Lokesh Naktode_miniOrange
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 10, 2022

Hi @Ash ,

This is Lokesh here from miniOrange one of the top SSO vendors in the Atlassian Marketplace.

We have an SSO plugin for JIRA and JIRA Service Management that can fulfill your requirements. This module support user provisioning so even if the user is not present in JIRA (or connected AD) they will be created on the fly in the internal directory (or you can specify the directory as well).

In case if their third-party users have their own IDP, you can connect it along with your organization's IDP for SSO.

I suggest you drop an email at lokesh@xecurify.com or raise a support request on the customer portal so that can discuss the requirement in zoom and help with this requirement.

Thanks,

Lokesh

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2022

@Ash 

There are a number of SSO apps in the marketplace.  IF my memory serves me well I believe many allow you to connect multiple IdPs. This means you would add third-party users SSO.  The issue I think you will run into is getting the third-party security team to release the necessary information to connect their IdP to your application.  

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2022

Thank you @Brant Schroeder

I don't think they share the necessary information and we work with several vendors.

Looking for a best practice in the scenario.

Creating third-party users in our AD and enabling SSO or any other way we can implement?

Thanks,
Ash

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2022

Have you considered Service Management?  It might not be the same access you are looking for but it allows customers to create their own accounts.

Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2022

Hi @Ash 

If you have a variety of 3rd party users, then running your own IDP is the best bet. All current Atlassian DC products now support multi-IDP for SAML, so you can natively connect to your AD + other IDPs for SAML

Depending on how many other parties are involved, and how many users there are from each party will impact the level of effort involved.

I'd see an ideal solution as something like:

I do not work for Okta, it's just the solution I'm personally familiar with.

CCM

Suggest an answer