Jira scriptrunner created issues not found via JQL query when created and searched in same script

Beppe Marcon June 12, 2018

I have a script which first creates a bunch of issues via something like:

issueService = ComponentAccessor.getIssueService()
IssueInputParameters issueInputParameters = issueService.newIssueInputParameters()
issueInputParameters.setIssueTypeId(issueTypeId)
issueInputParameters.setProjectId(projectId)
issueInputParameters.setSummary(summary)
issueInputParameters.setReporterId(user.getName())

CreateValidationResult createValidationResult = validateIssue(user, issueInputParameters)

if(createValidationResult == null)
{
return null
}
else
{
IssueResult createResult = issueService.create(user, createValidationResult)

}

and then does a query searching for the created issues:

def queryTemplate = "issueFunction in hasLinks(\"References ONE\") and issue in linkedIssues(${one.key}) and issue in linkedIssues(${homeNet.key})"

def jqlQueryParser = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(JqlQueryParser)
def searchProvider = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(SearchProvider)
def compiledQuery = jqlQueryParser.parseQuery(query)
log.debug "${query}"
ApplicationUser user = "myUser"
SearchResults searchResults = searchProvider.search(compiledQuery, user, PagerFilter.getUnlimitedFilter())

When run, the script creates the issues correctly, but these are not available to the JQL query (searchResults returns empty result), this until a second execution of the same code is run.

It seems in other words that the issues are persisted at script's execution end so I need to run the code two times for the issues to be available via JQL query.

2 answers

0 votes
Noni Khutane July 15, 2020

Were you able to resolve this issue?

0 votes
Prakhar Srivastav {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2018

@Beppe Marcon

You have to do reindex explicitly after you create the issues and before you search by jql.

boolean wasIndexing = ImportUtils.isIndexIssues()
ImportUtils.setIndexIssues(true)
ComponentAccessor.getIssueIndexManager().reIndex(issue)
ImportUtils.setIndexIssues(wasIndexing)

Regards

Prakhar

Beppe Marcon June 13, 2018

Hi, I added a reindex as you suggested, below is the non-deprecated version of your code:

boolean wasIndexing = ImportUtils.isIndexIssues()
ImportUtils.setIndexIssues(true)
IssueIndexManager indexManager = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(IssueIndexManager)
indexManager.reIndex(issue)
ImportUtils.setIndexIssues(wasIndexing)

however the problem persists, I'm afraid the problem is the re-indexing of the linked issues. In my code I create a new Issue and two links to other issues, the JQL as I previously posted is the following:

"issueFunction in hasLinks(\"References ONE\") and issue in linkedIssues(${one.key}) and issue in linkedIssues(${homeNet.key})"

I'm afraid the problem is the reindexing of all links created.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2018

@Beppe Marcon

Can you try to use reIndex with IssueIndexingParams? It gives you the ability to index issue related metadata also. You can also use IssueIndexService instead of IssuIndexManager as I see the later is being deprecated. But at this moment both should work.

Here is the api description :

https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/7.3.5/com/atlassian/jira/issue/index/IssueIndexManager.html#reIndex-com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue-com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.IssueIndexingParams-

https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/7.3.5/com/atlassian/jira/issue/index/IssueIndexingService.html#reIndex-com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue-com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.IssueIndexingParams-

If it also does not solve then I fear you have to use reindexAll().

Regards

Prakhar

I added a:

IssueIndexManager indexManager = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(IssueIndexManager)
indexManager.reIndexAll()

and the JQL fails, if I run the same query from web console it returns the correct result, same if I rerun the script after the issue and linked issues have been created.

should I get worried?

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2018

@Beppe Marcon

Did you add a check if the reindex is complete ?

Run jql only after reindex is complete.

Regards

Prakhar

IssueIndexingService indexService = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(IssueIndexingService)
long reindexTime = indexService.reIndexAll()
await(reindexTime)
Beppe Marcon June 25, 2018

ok fixed

Suggest an answer