Jira script runner Behaviour to set custome list "Nth" postion value

Inetinfo Inetinfo May 8, 2023

Jira script runner Behaviour code for get "N th" item from Custom list 

There are 2 Custome list items 

One is Customefiled_id_3004 list

Second one is Customefiled_id_3005 (List of items values )

Based on Customefiled_id_3004 selected value will populate data for Customefiled_id_3005

Customefiled_id_3005 contains following options

postion 1: empty(null)

Postion 2: value1

Postion 3: value 2

Upto so on...

Requirement :1) When Customefiled_id_3005 value contains or selected  "postion 1: empty(null)" then it replace with other then "postion 1: empty(null)" that means needs to select  any of available options 

Postion 2: value1 OR 

Postion 3: value 2

Requirement :2) if Customefiled_id_3005 list  is not having postion 1: empty(null)"

Contains only following way

Postion 1: value1

Postion 2: value 2

Upto so on...

In this case selected value should keep as it is

Conclusion: Customefiled_id_3005 list  is not having postion 1: empty(null)" then keep as it is selected value . or else of it is having empty(null) then select any one available option item

Needs to implement behaviour in jira script runner

Please guide Me Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2023

Hi @Inetinfo Inetinfo

After going through your description, this appears to be a list filtration, i.e. the option selected from the first list will determine the options available in the second list.

There are already a couple of examples of this available in the community. You can refer to this Community Post for more information.

Regarding your requirement for an Empty or Null value, this is not doable in the list. The best you can do is to select the None option in the List.

I hope this helps to answer your question. :-)

Thank you and Kind regards,

Ram

Suggest an answer