Jira running on postgresql 12

Sonia March 3, 2021

AWS forced my hand when I took over an environment and upgraded my RDS from 9 to 12.  I'm a bit concerned if I restart any atlassian products they will fail to come up after the upgrade (atm everything is running fine except for the DB check).

What is the best way to remedy this situation?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2021

Force AWS to go back to a supported platform.

That's facecious - AWS did not force anything, they suggested.  You should be able to say "no" and stick with a supported database for now.  And aske to move back, without AWS questioning it.

Sonia March 3, 2021

So what I am reading is that you think i'm lying?  It feels like this isn't really helping my situation.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2021

No, you're not lying.  There's no question that you're lying, or doing anything wrong - you are not.

You just need to think through your use of Atlassian tools on the various databases you are might use

Sonia March 4, 2021

Aye, the problem is, atlassian tools are already running on postgresql v12 and i want to know how to fix.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2021

You'll need to move back to a supported postgres version.  Ideally, directly, by taking a database export of the v12 one and restoring it into a v9.  But you might want to try the xml export if that won't work.  (Problem with the xml export is that it reads the entire database, so if there are problems with v12, you may lose the data from the export)

Sonia March 4, 2021

yeah, i think i can export to an s3 bucket and maybe back again?  SQL i think had custom stored procs to do that, i wouldn't be surprised if rds postgresql had similar.  I'll check it out.

Suggest an answer