Jira rest api comments maxsize in rest/api/latest/issue/{issueIdorKey} ?

Nathan van Hille November 30, 2018

Hi, I'm currently trying to retrieve issue data with the rest api. To get worklogs and comments i'm using the arrays I get from the query "rest/api/latest/issue/issueIdOrKey".

But while in the worklog field there is a maxresult field, there is none on comments. Does this means that all comments get returned, no matter the amount there is, or is there a maxresult that isn't returned by the query? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2018

Hello Nathan,

Thank you for raising this question.

You're correct. The Rest API call you mentioned will automatically set the MaxResults parameter with the total number of comments.

If you need pagination on comments, you can use:

rest/api/2/issue/{issueIdOrKey}/comment.

Please, let me know if this information helps.

Nathan van Hille November 30, 2018

Ok, thank you for your response.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2018

You are welcome, Nathan.

Have a nice weekend.

Nathan van Hille December 3, 2018

Hi, 

I am now trying to retrieve attachment data, and I have the exact same question: does the array "attachment " in the query "rest/api/latest/issue/issueIdOrKey" contain all the attachments, or is there a hidden maxResult?

Edit: the same question for changelog (there is a maxresult but it seems that it is set to the total number of changes, is there a cap of some sort or can I proceed without worrying about it?)

Suggest an answer