Jira query on mention in Confluence page

Hi,

We use Jira and Confluence and i want to query (in Jira) wich Jira issues are mentioned in a specific Confluence page.

This query should be usefull to use for integration testing.

Thanx in advance for you're help.

Kind regards,

2 answers

0 votes
Alex Christensen Community Champion Jan 09, 2018

I don't know of a way to do this in Jira, but in Confluence, you can open a page and see a list of issues which have been linked to that Confluence page. I know it's not a Jira query, but this can at least get you the information you're looking for.

blog-600x-retina2x-5

Well this is timely :) I was looking for something similar whereby I want to show the "mentioned in" links in a report so that I can create a quick way to access and update the related page in Confluence. Especially useful when trying to put together reports that are easy to use for the non-Confluence fans.

Alex Christensen Community Champion Jan 09, 2018

think you can do this with ScriptRunner if you have that add-on installed. I haven't tested this, but here's a link their documentation that I think covers this:

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/jql-functions.html#_remote_issue_links

I don't think there's a way to do this without an add-on, though.

Cool. We have scriptrunner and the query works but now how do I show that field as column or in the report?

Alex Christensen Community Champion Jan 10, 2018

There's no way to display remote links in the issue navigator. There was an open ticket with Atlassian to implement this, but it was closed with a resolution of "won't fix" (view details here). To see the specific page the issue is mentioned in, you'd have to open each individual issue, unfortunately.

You could do the following if you are looking for specific pages you need to update:

• Create a new Confluence page.
  • Create a Jira macro on the page to display a list of issues using that query.
  • Above the list of issues, provide a link to the Confluence page URL that is used in that query.

Thanks for the ideas. I repurposed a simple text field that we have and input the Confluence page URL there. It's janky but seems to work OK as for me it's a 1:1 between the issue and the page.

We also have the scriptrunner plugin and it works fine.

In confluence we created a page with a high overview of pages and  via insert jira issue / filter an overview of jira issues mentioned on the page(s).

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,156 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot