Jira notification questions

OMom2019 October 10, 2019

However, we then lose sight of this in our own workflow and are no longer able to see it as one of our tickets in progress so are unable to chase and follow up unless we keep a physical record of the number. Often the team will leave a comment on the ticket with an update but we are unable to see this as they don’t tag us in it. So, unless that we are set up to receive email alerts for everything that is happening across the project this will likely be missed. This leads me to my second point.
• Would it be possible to build into JIRA a function whereas when we log in we have a notifications banner? By this I mean that on a personal level we would have notifications when someone has commented on a ticket that is assigned to us, added further information to a ticket or moved it to a different queue? This would mean not having to be set up for email alerts for everything that happens on JIRA. Even if you are set up for these email alerts, due to the sheer volume of activity you would need to automatically file these emails in a folder and it would be very time consuming trying to navigate through to find emails which are relevant to you.

2 answers

0 votes
fran garcia gomera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2019

Could work to create a filter (or a quick filter in your board) like

updated > startOfDay(-1d) and (reporter= currentUser() or ...)

it's not like having a notification banner, but allow you to see the last updated in an easy way

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2019

Hi @OMom2019 

Since you mentioned emails check if (you need to be Jira Administrator or ask the person who has those rights).

Use dashboards with gadgets showing tickets relevant to you and your team. At the same time look at filter subscriptions to get notified periodically about issues of your interest.

These are some pointers to help you stay on top of your issues.

I hope it helps.

Ravi

Suggest an answer