Jira not working. Apache Tomcat/6.0.32 The requested resource () is not available.

jeroenkerkhof February 17, 2012

I installed JIRA Standalone on Ubuntu. I linked it to Postgresql and installed Confluence afterwards linking to Jira. Now Confluence is working nicely, but for Jira I get errors. It started with Jira being locked, but after stopping, deleting .jira-home.lock I get the (error below; the requested resource is not available)

Trying to start jira in /opt/atlassian/jira/bin with startup.sh gives

YOU HAVE ISSUES

JIRA Standalone Edition

Version : 4.4.4

Detecting JVM PermGen support...

PermGen switch is supported. Setting to 256m

If you encounter issues starting or stopping JIRA Standalone Edition, please see the Troubleshooting guide at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Installation+Troubleshooting+Guide

Using CATALINA_BASE: /opt/atlassian/jira

Using CATALINA_HOME: /opt/atlassian/jira

Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/atlassian/jira/temp

Using JRE_HOME: /opt/atlassian/jira/jre/

Using CLASSPATH: /opt/atlassian/jira/bin/bootstrap.jar

Using CATALINA_PID: /opt/atlassian/jira/work/catalina.pid

Existing PID file found during start.

Removing/clearing stale PID file.

I have repeatly removed .jira-home.lock from /var/atlassian/application-data/jira

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

HTTP Status 404 -

error:

type Status report

description The requested resource () is not available.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shreyo June 1, 2014

do anyone get hint from the below error? its from atlassian-jira.log file.

2014-05-16 13:07:58,877 pm.innergys.com-startStop-2 ERROR [osgi.container.felix.FelixOsgiContainerManager] org.apache.felix.framework.cache.BundleArchive: Unable to record state - java.io.FileNotFoundException: /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/plugins/.osgi-plugins/felix/felix-cache/bundle76/bundle.state (No such file or directory)

2014-05-16 13:07:58,878 pm.innergys.com-startStop-2 ERROR [osgi.container.felix.FelixOsgiContainerManager] Error writing persistent state to bundle archive.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2012

One very quick test - what do you get if you go to http://yoursite/ where the 404 occurs, and then add /jira to the end of it? My thought is that Jira might be starting under a lower url.

If not, then you need to go into your log in more detail - that will tell you why it's not starting. From your symptoms, Tomcat is starting up fine, but is unable to start Jira in full, but it will tell you why in the application log.

I have installed it locally. It gives

Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to localhost

I have had a look at my atlassian-jira.log file and it seems it complained about the fact I set the mode to private in my postgresql database configuration. I changed this to public. Removed jira-home.lock again. Restarted jira. Again it come back with

Detecting JVM PermGen support...

PermGen switch is supported. Setting to 256m

If you encounter issues starting or stopping JIRA Standalone Edition, please see the Troubleshooting guide at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Installation+Troubleshooting+Guide

Using CATALINA_BASE: /opt/atlassian/jira

Using CATALINA_HOME: /opt/atlassian/jira

Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/atlassian/jira/temp

Using JRE_HOME: /opt/atlassian/jira/jre/

Using CLASSPATH: /opt/atlassian/jira/bin/bootstrap.jar

Using CATALINA_PID: /opt/atlassian/jira/work/catalina.pid

Existing PID file found during start.

Removing/clearing stale PID file.

going to the jira page however showed the set-up wizard step 2 again. Not to lose data from my first session and to prevent to have to add another license key, I am trying to get through that by importing existing data. However I am not clear on which file to import. "Enter a filename to import data from."
Any pointers?
0 votes
FagnerF
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2012

Hi Flj,

First of all I'd suggest to take a look into YourJiraDirectory/home/log/atlassian-jira.log to find out more information of what's happening. Sometimes when JIRA gets locked it seems a wrong configuration was made as well as some conflict with older folders so try to reinstall your JIRA, setup whole system again and finally import your data. Once made it please let us to know what happened.

Also removing .jira-home.lock won't fix your root cause, because once restarted JIRA it's gonna happen again.

In addition you can check out on it something else related your message error.

Cheers

0 votes
rishiranka_bitbucket July 1, 2012

Table already exists: UPGRADEHISTORY in statement - Error what to do ?

Suggest an answer