Jira login redirection not working

Ly, Tai
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 23, 2024

Unable to login to Jira as of yesterday due to page redirection to sign-in page. I am able to get to Jira login portal (https:id.atlassian.com/login?continue...). After entering the username, the page spins (hours) and does NOT redirect to Microsoft site (login.microsoftonline.com) to continue logon process. We manually whitelist URL dns names and IPs, as needed, but unable to track down what needs to be open to get this redirection to work properly. There must be a new CDN, IP or host that I'm missing.

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2024

Hi @Ly, Tai,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

A couple of things that you can try; use a incognito window and see if that works. If you are using Chrome they have been releasing new versions of it about every week since they announced that they are changing things for 3rd party cookies, so try and clear your browser history for all time and then try again. Also see if you can go to start.atlassian.com and log in from there. 

Ly, Tai
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 23, 2024

Hi Mihael, thank you for the quick response. I have tried updated versions of Chrome, Edge and Firefox and getting the same results. 1) If I allow all traffic, then login redirection works properly. 2) If I lock down Windows 10 machine again, and don't clear cookies/cache, the redirection will work properly. 3) If I clear browser data and try again, with lock-down policy in place, the redirection from Atlassian to Microsoft will not work. There is site that needs to be open (whitelisted), to download a file to local machine, for this redirection to work. I can not find the site using with network capturing tools and netstat. Also, start.atlassian.com yields the same result.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events