On issue navigator there is a text box to filter issues. When I put an incomplete word (ie: inter) searcher show no results. There are issues with International word on subject.
Can I change the behaviour of this text box to allow incomplete word search?
This is not working for me at all....
I have a Summary field that has the text of DEF_LIST_272 Foo Bar
I want to find my issue by looking for 272
If I use summary ~ "272*" I get no results back
In fact , if I use
summary ~ "DEF_LIST_*" I still get no results back
if I use
summary ~ "DEF_LIST_272" I get results back.
So is there a real CONTAINS feature (i.e. contains the text, like GREP does)?
I was having he same issue with a simalare keyword search. This is what i had to do to make it work. It appears it doesn't match up if it has underscores (dont think that is the only case it cant find the keyword...). So i broke it up into several phrases. Also, the '*' doesn't seem to work even thou they say to use it on their guide...
change: Summary ~ 'DEF_LIST_272'
to: Summary ~'DEF_' AND Summary ~'LIST_' AND Summary ~ '272'
This will probably return you some extra items but will also bring back the results you are looking for.
I had the same problem. The search in JIRA is sadly not that good. Wanted to search for a number in a string, e.g. test123 and couldn't find it with any option. Of course you can try like Christopher Pearson said, but you really have to know the whole string and not only a part of it.
There is an add-on called Power JQL (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1216891/power-jql-extended-search-functions?hosting=server&tab=overview) from our company which can solve this problem. For your issue michael shellnutt try following jql search
for issue in powerIssue("summary", ".*272.*")
This gives the result you desire.The add-on can improve the jql search also by using RegEx in its full potential. You can also search for attachments on issues.
Just noticed this does not work if you use [ ] - I get an error returned of text query '[text here]*' for field 'summary' is not valid: probably your range query is incorrect.
project = <projectname>AND issuetype = Task AND summary !~ "FT Manual testing" AND summary ~ "Manual testing"
This searches the summary and removes all the tasks that contain "FT Manual testing", if I d "Manual testing" I get all the issues that also include FT.
The only drawback with this approach is that I am relying on the summary being consistent.
Hi Atlassian community, My name is Max and I work on the product integration team at Atlassian. I am pleased to announce the early access program for the Jira Cloud add-in for Outlook. This add-in...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events