Jira is switching to Old Issue View via Notification Bar (Comment view) BUG?

Malte Schümann February 6, 2020

I have a problem. Jira is switching to Old Issue View without my wish.

It is always happening when i click on hyperlink in email or thru notification (comment view!) in Jira. It always appear in old view. 

Please help, its so annoying the constantly adapt between the views. I want to stick to New View. Period. 

This cant be a feature, its a bug??

3 answers

0 votes
Matej Mikat April 29, 2020

Hi i have the same problem,

and i checked everything but still cannot find this solution. It is  always happening when i click on hyperlink in email or thru notification in Jira. It always appear in old view. 

Any sugestion?

Thanks!

Matej

Malte Schümann April 29, 2020

Exactly, does nobody here or at Atlassian use the Notification Bar, because this leads to this weird mix of old and new view?

Its an annoying bug, no one is fixing for months.

Please fix this mess.

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2020

Hi @Malte Schümann 

I get that this is frustrating. Until it gets sorted, an easy way to switch back from old to new UI view is to look at the URL

Screenshot_1.jpg

When open in the old view, oldIssueView=true will appear somewhere in the URL, just remove that and it reverts to the new view

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2020

Hi, @Malte Schümann ! 

I can recommend you to contact Jira Cloud Support team. 

Malte Schümann April 29, 2020

Sorry, since i am no admin, i cant report this bug or get support. Bad User Experience at al.

Suggest an answer