Jira is picking the wrong date even after correcting the date picker

Rakin Savi November 11, 2019

Hi

I'm very new to Jira. I'm running a business where clients request our services through a google form. I'm using Zapier to create the issues in Jira. 

Jira, however, is getting the incorrect dates. The date format that I'm using in my google form and google sheet is "12/11/2019" meaning the 12th of Nov 2019. Jira is always picking out the 11th of Dec 2019. 

Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 7.28.48 pm.png

Below is an attachment of my advanced settings.

Screen Shot 2019-11-11 at 7.31.31 pm.png

Any help and guidance will be highly appreciated. I have tried everything possible and at a point of banging my head on the table. 

Thank in advance :)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2019

Hello @Rakin Savi

Welcome to Atlassian Community. Sorry to hear you are facing this problem.

Checking your date picker settings, I can clearly confirm that your JIRA is correctly configured to receive the date in the correct form you need (dd/MM/yyyy), so I believe that the Zapier configuration might be exporting the dates in the incorrect format.

I suggest you try the following steps:

1 - Navigate to your JIRA Settings > System > Look and Feel > Set both fields Complete Date/Time Format and Day/Month/Year Format like below:

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 16.52.23.png

2 - Follow the step 3 of the article below to make sure that the output is correctly configured for JIRA:

For dates: set the From format and timezone fields 

Let me know if the steps above have worked for you.

Rakin Savi November 13, 2019

OMG THANK YOU PETTER!! Life saver. Fixed it

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 13, 2019

You are welcome, @Rakin Savi

Have a nice day! :)

Suggest an answer