Jira import from csv

Are there ways to create a process to schedule (daily) an import of a csv file in a particular location without any manual intervention.

For example:

A file forimport.csv is located on a share file system

At 2am a 'process' wakes up and imports that csv into a specific project in jira

That forimport.csv file is removed and the next forimport.csv is staged

Any simple way to accomplish that? Any creative ways?

Thanks a bunch!

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Use your favorite job scheduler with JIRA Command Line Interface:

Import JIRA issues shows an example of how this can be done using the runFromCsv action.

Bob, thanks for your help once again! I will definitely give that a try.

I have some ideas.

1. Create a small program (C#,Ruby,Python,Java) that consumes the JIRA API (Command Line of course) and read the CSV file to your JIRA instance

2. Create a Program that generates the Jelly Tags necessary to import your CSV file and then use selenium script to login to the UI and run the Jelly Script.(Too Crazy May be?)

3. I think Bob Switft has some sort of tool to accomplish this. (Search for him on atlassian plugins site)

Hope this helps

possible spam here?

Anyone accomplish this yet and is nice enough to share ? 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

91 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you