Jira for Mac desktop app - notification badge

Erica Correa June 17, 2020

I have my desktop notifications turned off but the icon will still show a badge with a number that is supposed to reflect how many notifications I have. I'd love to turn this off but haven't figured out how. The number is always off by one. Even when I have 0 notifications it still always shows the badge with a 1 in it. I know this isn't a huge deal but I'm a type A nutjob and it bothers me lol 

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2020

Hello Erica,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Testing on my laptop with the latest version, I wasn't able to replicate the same issue. There was one notification as well, but once I read it, the number one disappeared. 

Can you confirm if it's updated? If not, please update to the version is 106.0.0 (106.0.225).

Regards,
Angélica

Erica Correa June 22, 2020

Hi Angélica,

I did confirm that's the version I am on. Below you can see I have 0 notifications but the badge still shows a 1.

Erica

unnamed (1).pngunnamed.png

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2020

Thank you for the screenshots. I've sent your post for the team responsible for the app to check if there is any bug related to notifications.

As a test, can you please go to Mac's System preferences > Notifications and disable the Badge app icon?

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 13.48.35.png

Please, give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Erica Correa June 24, 2020

Oh that worked! They're gone now - thank you!!

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
June 25, 2020

Thank you for the update, Erica, I'm glad that it's working.

I received a response from the team responsible for the app and they said that, if you are using more than one account, it means that there are unread notifications from one of the accounts.

I see that you are a user on two Cloud sites, so if you read all notifications from site A, but there are still unread notifications from site B, it will show the red dot on Jira badge.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events